Are you buying a pool? Be prepared when you visit your local pool professional by asking these questions.
- What are the steps in the process of designing a swimming pool? How do you work with your clients to help them achieve the right design?
- Are you and/or your employees APSP certified?
- Is your company educated on the latest energy-efficient technology and products?
- Does your company pull all the necessary permits for the work to be performed?
- What licenses does your company hold and how do they relate to the swimming pool industry?
- Does your company adhere to industry best practices and APSP/ANSI standards?
- Do your technicians have certifications from manufacturers for individual products and are you authorized by manufacturers to provide warranty service on various products?
- What are your insurance limits and do you provide proof of insurance?
- How are warranty claims handled?
- Who will provide service and support after your work is complete?
When it’s time to buy, make sure you’re working with a pool professional who is experienced, has passed a rigorous exam, regularly continues their education and has pledged to uphold a code of ethics.