Ask these questions when you’re having your pool serviced.
- Is your company licensed, insured, and bonded?
- What APSP certifications do your employees hold?
- Do your employees participate in annual continuing education? Are employees educated on current energy-efficient technology and products?
- Are your technicians APSP-certified and certified by manufacturers to work on or with individual products?
- Is your company an official and authorized warranty service center for the products it sells?
- Do technicians work on existing equipment that was not installed by your company?
- How will I know that the employee has tested the water and made adjustments?
- Are your employees uniformed? How will I recognize them to be employees?
- Will your company install equipment that I buy online? Will any equipment or products bought online be covered by a warranty?
- Will employees dispose of waste products off-site?
When it’s time to service your pool, make sure you’re working with a pool professional who is experienced, has passed a rigorous exam, regularly continues their education and has pledged to uphold a code of ethics.