Sure, you can spend weeks or even months planning the perfect pool party to celebrate and kick back with your friends and family. You can spend the day of the party — or even longer — working diligently in your kitchen to create an exquisite spread.
But sometimes the best pool parties come together on a whim. Check out these quick and easy recipe ideas for a last-minute celebration.
Quick Dips in a Jiff
Invite your guests to munch on delicious dips in between dips in your pool. Here are some dips that can come together in a matter of minutes and can be served with any of your favorite chips, crackers or raw vegetables:
- Eat your veggies dip: Combine dry vegetable soup mix with sour cream for a flavorful dip. Cut calories by using low-fat sour cream and serving with raw veggies instead of chips.
- Creamy with a kick: Mix your favorite salsa with ranch dressing. Go spicy or mild to create an unexpected version of the standard chips and salsa.
- Easy, breezy guacamole: By combining Greek yogurt with mashed avocado, you can enjoy guacamole in a matter of minutes.
No Time? No-bake Desserts
Satisfy your guests’ sweet tooth with a desserts-only party. When there’s just no time for baking, think no-frills no-bake desserts. Here are some ideas for your next last-minute pool party:
- Short-on-time shortcake: Strawberry shortcake is the classic no-fail no-bake dessert. Top store-bought shortcake with diced strawberries and whipped cream, and voila!
- Instant banana pudding: Line the serving dish with vanilla wafers, then top with rotating layers of sliced bananas and instant vanilla pudding. Top it all off with a little whipped cream.
- Ice cream sandwich bar: Grab half a dozen flavors of half-pint-size ice cream and an assortment of cookies from your local grocery store, and let your guests customize their own ice cream sandwiches for the perfect summer treat.
“That’s a Wrap” Movie Snacks
With a laptop projector and a projector screen (even a white sheet will work), you can turn a nighttime pool party into a “swim-in” movie theater! Go all out with these easy movie snacks:
- Popcorn: What’s a movie without popcorn? If you have time, you can find plastic popcorn buckets (the red and white stripe kind) at a local retailer. If you don’t have time, you can just as easily serve the popcorn in clear plastic bags.
- Movie candy: Bring classic movie candy to your backyard pool: Think Red Hots, Junior Mints, Milk Duds, Twizzlers and Raisinets.
- Hot dogs: Fire up your outdoor grill and serve hot dogs, just like you might find at a movie theater.
Check out these easy ways to improve your backyard pool for less than $5,000.